Quarterly Reports are no longer required per Lady Caitrina inghean Fhearghuis
Greetings to all Autocrats, Seneschals, and Baronies/Groups hosting events (virtual in particular)! ---If you are an AUTOCRAT or SENESCHAL---- ----please read and save this information------
In this new time of VIRTUAL events, it is more important than ever for your flyer to be in the Kingdom's newsletter (The Acorn). It is by posting to the Kingdom Calendar that The Acorn is populated with events.
Why is it important to post in Calendar and Acorn?
If nothing else, the Calendar and Acorn help keep track of Atlantian History and posting it lets Atlantia and the Known World know we are still going strong! (oh, and it's the law B-) ) Each group that may want to hold courts and/or give out awards must do it at an official event. The only way the event is official is if it is posted in the Calendar and Acorn.
The requirements for VIRTUAL events are virtually ( lol ) identical to those for a traditional event.
There are only four (4) items that will be significantly different.
- there will be no REGISTRATION
- the EVENT SITE will not have an address per se - it will be at the individual's castle
- SITE RESTRICTIONS, hmmm, restrictions may be that the individual must provide for their own internet connection and device to connect to it
- DIRECTIONS could be, find your best route to a comfy chair and reliable internet connection.
That's it. Those are the only differences.
With it being a VIRTUAL event, it is more important than ever that your EVENT DESCRIPTION be present. As your flyer goes on the calendar (online) first, you can have as much information in your flyer as you care to put into it. You are not limited to a set number of characters - Go nuts! Make your event description as much fun as you can :-D
It is HIGHLY suggested that you include a link to your event, particularly if you have information that will be updated/changed ((perhaps classes, or instructors, or you haven't set up your ZOOM Meeting/Google Meet/FB chat yet, or you get the idea ... ) I do not suggest that you put the ZOOM Meeting/Google Meet/FB chat particulars on the calendar. The calendar is open to the public.)
You MAY NOT use Facebook as the only place that you have any information about your event. Believe it or not, there are people who do not have a Facebook account either because of work (security) issues, connectivity issues, or for whatever reason, they just don't. RESPECT that and make it easy for folks to find your event. We are supposed to be an inclusive group - not exclusive- do not make accessing your event dependent on a Facebook account.
Let us go forth and continue connecting with fellow Atlantians!
So, just for ease of finding ALL the information that must go into an event flyer...
- Date of event - Day, month, and Gregorian year that the event will take place. (SAME FOR VIRTUAL EVENT)
- Duration - Start and stop time of the event. (SAME FOR VIRTUAL EVENT)
- Activities - Brief synopsis of event, site restrictions, handicapped accessibility, etc. (SAME FOR VIRTUAL EVENT)
- Group name - Name of the group hosting the event. Must be an official group. (SAME FOR VIRTUAL EVENT)
- Registration - Member & non-Member for event, with deadlines (for pre-registration) as necessary. If there is a Registration for the event, the following statement must be included beneath the $ amounts: "Make checks payable to SCA, Inc./(group name)." If the event is free, say so! (SEE #1 ABOVE)
- Group Refund Policy - Spell out your group's refund policy **NEW** (Not Applicable for Virtual event)
- Location and directions - Name and directions to the physical address of the site. (SEE #2 & #4 ABOVE)
- Autocrat - Autocrat's Society name, modern name, address, a contact phone number with area code, and email address. (SAME FOR VIRTUAL EVENT, well, don't need a mailing address so much for a virtual event, may leave that out.)
Atlantian Kingdom Chronicler
Lady Caitrina inghean Fhearghuis
Group Newsletter Deadlines
Group Newsletters (i.e., Baronial Newsletters) are due to be published, each month between the 25th of the month prior to the 5th of the month the newsletter is for.
For examle, January 2021's newsletter will be published between 25 December and 5 January.
Publishing means that it has been sent, in .pdf format to the Kingdom Chronicler, Kingdom Seneschal, TRMs & TRHs, Kingdom Historian, Society Historian, local Group's Seneschal, Historian, and Baronage (if group is a barony); AND a note that it is available to veryone has been made to the group's e-list (if there is one) and may be made on the group's Facebook page (if there is one).
Want to do a Cover?
Let me know!
I much preferr showcasing Atlantian artists over trying to adapt a well known period artist's work. Please send a Release form with your work so it may be used for The Acorn. (see ANY previous Acorn for an idea of how much space is needed for text)
Want to share your Stories or Poetry?
There is frequently room for poems and short (lil, not long now) stories to be printed in the Acorn.
Please send a Release form with your work so it may be used for The Acorn.
Welcome to the Virtual Office of the Kingdom Chronicler of Atlantia, Lady Caitrina inghean Fhearghuis. Contact The Kingdom Chronicler at chronicler@Atlantia.sca.org for more informtion.
For questions regarding the Kingdom Calendar, please contact the Kingdom Calendar Coordinator HERE
I will accept poems, and short (lil, not long now) stories too for print in the Acorn, send them along